This is the English and quick version of the 5 parts Spanish tutorial ¿Cómo hacer pelo en Cycles Render? where we used some tips that serve to run and allow to use the Particle System under Cycles. The challenge was to do curly hair for a cartoon vintage doll using only Cycles Render.
The quick summary of the steps to do:
- Model a strand of hair using Curves Blezier and a Blezier Circle
- Select the doll’s head and create a Vertex Group called “Cuero cabelludo” of the zone that is going to have hair.
- You can do it via Edit Mode or Weight Paint Mode.
- Go to the Particle System
- Choose in Type: hair
- In Render–> Group & Dupli Group: “Pelos 02”
- In Vertex Group choose “Cuero cabelludo” in the attributes (Density, Length,…)
If you follow these steps, you will be able to use the Particle System under Cycles Render!😉